Well, as you can see, the lock takedown process is well underway. It has been a little over 2 weeks and I still have 6 locs to go. In the picture above, I spritzed my hair with water and sealed with my KiK Tried and True Moisturizer. Nevertheless, I wanted to start detangling my hair. Wearing my hair loose as you see in the picture above would only promote knotting. I could only keep it like that for one day.
As a result, here is what I did to get the stretched results pictured below.
- Separate hair into small sections.
- Finger detangle with the nuNAAT detangler.
- Apply heat protectant and detangle with Tangle Teezer.
- Detangle with vent brush and tention blow-dry.
- Plait or twist to maintain stretched results.
- Start with the back of your hair.
- Remove a lot then immediately detangle.
- Put that detangled section into a twist or plait. You'll be amazed by how your hair and locks mesh well together and look presentable.
Watch the video below to see how I created this style.