I used the Cantu Shea Butter for Natural Hair Moisturizing Twist & Lock Gel to do small/medium sized twists in my dry, previously moisturized hair. The twists remained for about 4 days before they were removed for a twist-out style. Keep reading as I review with my personal findings and suggestions for use of this product.
The consistency, colour and effect of this products reminds me of the Organics Root Stimulator lock... but this Cantu® one smells better. They pretty much feel like the same thing.
The Cantu Shea Butter for Natural Hair Moisturizing Twist & Lock Gel:
- is very moisturizing.
- does not flake.
- Gives good twist and braid-outs.
- does not leave the hair feeling heavy.
- is not sticky.
- requires little product for styling and goes a long way.
- is fairly inexpensive.
- Contains no hard ingredients.
- Depending on your texture, the product may not get a very strong hold. (not for me anyway)
- Can cause hair to "shrink down" giving the illusion of thinness and thus is best used on wet hair. (has happened to a few people I know.
RATING - 3.5/5
Essentially, the product is good and has a great scent but does not give me any results that I crave. I find that I much prefer the Cantu Coconut Curling Creme which I previously reviewed for twisting. For locks, I would need something else with a much stronger hold, but I am sure that this may work for others, just as the Organics Root Stimulator does too.
This product will moisturize, de-frizz and add manageability to your twists & locks, leaving them soft and shiny. Made with 100% pure shea butter and formulated without chemicals or harsh ingredients.
- For natural hair
- Restores your real, authentic beauty
- Controls frizz with a lightweight, non-flaking formula
- No mineral oil, sulfates, parabens, silicones, phthalates, gluten, paraffin, propylene glycol, PABA or DEA
- This finished product is not tested on animals
To comb twist, free hand twist, or double strand twist. Section hair and apply gel to the section. Twist the hair with a comb or fingers. To touch up twist or locks in between shampoos, section hair and apply gel to the new growth. Palm roll or re-twist the hair to touch up..
Water (Aqua) , PVP , Fragrance , Polyquaternium 37 , Cocos Nucifera Extract (Coconut) , Butyrospermum Parkii Butter (Shea) , Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil , Cocos Nucifera Oil (Coconut) , Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Leaf Juice , Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil (Sweet Almond) , Persea Gratissima Oil (Avocado) , Simmondsia Chinensis Oil (Jojoba) , Olea Europaea Fruit Oil (Olive) , Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter , Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil (Argan) , Melia Azadirachta Seed Oil (Neem) , Daucus Carota Seed Oil (Carrot) , Lonicera Japonica Flower Extract (Honeysuckle) , Laminara Cloustoni Extract (Sea Kelp) , Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Leaf Extract , Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil (Macadamia) , Vitis Vinifera Seed Extract (Grape) , Urtica Dioica Extract (Nettle) , Silk Amino Acids , Hydrolyzed Silk , Phenoxyethanol , Ethylhexylglycerin